By Jean-Christophe Agnew,Roy Rosenzweig
- Covers society and tradition, humans and events, politics and overseas policy
- Surveys and evaluates the simplest scholarship on each very important period and topic
- Includes e-book evaluation part on crucial readings
Read Online or Download A Companion to Post-1945 America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
"Jolly fellows," a time period that received forex within the 19th century, mentioned these males whose extra colourful antics incorporated brawling, heavy consuming, playing, and enjoying pranks. Reforms, specifically the temperance move, stigmatized such habit, yet wallet of jolly fellowship persisted to flourish during the state.
Monticello used to be based by way of the White County commissioners in 1834 on a bluff above the Tippecanoe River. They named it after the mansion ofThomas Jefferson, the 3rd president of the USA. It was once included as a city in 1862. The county seat grew extra swiftly while the railroads cameto city ahead of the Civil battle.
Frederick Douglass used to be born enslaved in February 1818, yet from this such a lot humble of beginnings, he rose to develop into a world-famous orator, newspaper editor, and champion of the rights of girls and African american citizens. He not just survived slavery to dwell in freedom but in addition turned an outspoken critic of the establishment and an lively player within the U.
The Gettysburg crusade examination learn consultant, quantity One includes seven hundred+ questions and solutions concerning the armies, chronologies, maps, cemeteries, commanders of the 1863 Pennsylvania crusade. The book's layout and content material aid a scholars' examination performance.
- Petersburg Campaign, The: The Western Front Battles, September 1864 – April 1865, Volume 2 (The wide-ranging and largely misunderstood)
- Crystal Lake (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing))
- Avon (Then and Now)
- CIRCLES AND LINES: The Shape of Life in Early America (The William E. Massey Sr. Lectures in the History of American Civilization)
- Trade, Land, Power: The Struggle for Eastern North America
Additional resources for A Companion to Post-1945 America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Post-1945 America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Jean-Christophe Agnew,Roy Rosenzweig