By Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone
A source excellent for college kids in addition to common readers, this two-volume encyclopedia examines the range of the Asian American and Pacific Islander non secular experience.
• Covers either universal motifs in Asian American non secular tradition, corresponding to chinese language New 12 months gala's and mortuary rituals, in addition to many newly proven religion traditions
• includes entries on hardly ever addressed subject matters inside Asian American faith, comparable to Hezhen Shamanism
Read Online or Download Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] PDF
Best religious studies books
Eventually, social scientists have all started to aim to appreciate non secular habit instead of to discredit it as irrational, ignorant, or foolish—and Rodney Stark and Roger Finke have performed a huge position during this new strategy. Acknowledging that technological know-how can't determine the supernatural part of faith (and hence are not declare to do so), Stark and Finke research the observable, human part of religion.
Does faith have the facility to manage human habit? if that is so, below what stipulations can it hinder crime, delinquency, suicide, alcoholism, drug abuse, or becoming a member of cults? although traditional voters imagine faith deters deviant habit, there was little systematic medical study on those the most important questions.
What's your goal in existence? this straightforward query motivates a few of our such a lot life-altering judgements, deeply-held ideals, and profound feelings, in addition to the alternatives we make every day. How we derive that means from our lifestyles is important to discovering happiness, constructing relationships, and construction societies.
Sleek American Spiritualism blossomed within the 1850s and persevered as a plausible religion into the 1870s. as a result of its variety and openness to new cultures and religions, New Orleans supplied fertile floor to nurture Spiritualism, and lots of s�ance circles flourished within the Creole Faubourgs of Trem� and Marigny in addition to the yankee quarter of the town.
- Invisible Hosts: Performing the Nineteenth-Century Spirit Medium's Autobiography
- Choosing Honor: An American Woman's Search for God, Family and Country in an Age of Corruption
- Spiritualism and Society (Routledge Revivals)
- Muslim Citizenship in Liberal Democracies: Civic and Political Participation in the West (Palgrave Politics of Identity and Citizenship Series)
Additional info for Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes]
Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] by Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone