By Michael Levy,Farah Mendlesohn
Read or Download Children's Fantasy Literature: An Introduction PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
The 1st paintings of its type, this bibliography examines literature for adolescents about the Indian subcontinent and linked components: Bangladesh; the Himalayan kingdoms of Bhutan, Nepal, Sikkim, and Tibet; India; Pakistan; and Sri Lanka. Meena Khorana offers the twin standpoint of authors local to the sector in addition to non-native authors, often western, and her publication displays the wealthy folklore and conventional tradition of the subcontinent, its checkered background of civilizations and colonizations, and post-independence efforts to foster satisfaction in traditions and stimulate self assurance for dealing with sleek demanding situations.
Even if the us prides itself as a state of variety, the rustic that boasts of its immigrant previous additionally wrestles with a lot of its immigrant current. whereas conflicting attitudes approximately immigration are debated, newcomers—both criminal and otherwise—continue to reach on American soil. And books concerning the immigrant experience—aimed at either adults and youth—are released with a good volume of frequency.
The hot essays during this publication make important claims. First, for a few humans, the notice “feminist” has been both poorly outlined or maybe demonized. Hermione Granger, of the Harry Potter sequence, serves as an exceptional instance of what sleek younger feminism seems like: activist, strong and entire of business enterprise, but female, romantic and stylish—a new type of feminism for a brand new type of woman.
Before everything was once the evening. All mild, shapes, language, and subjective recognition, in addition to the area and artwork depicting them, emerged from this formless chaos. In myth, we search to come to this unique darkness. relatively in literature, visible representations, and picture, the evening resiliently resurfaces from the margins of the knowable, performing as a level and mind set during which unparalleled perceptions, discoveries, and judgements play out.
- Looking Glasses and Neverlands: Lacan, Desire, and Subjectivity in Children's Literatue
- Haunted Seasons: Television Ghost Stories for Christmas and Horror for Halloween (Palgrave Gothic)
- International Companion Encyclopedia of Children's Literature
- Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows: A Children's Classic at 100 (Children's Literature Association Centennial Studies)
- Subjectivity in Asian Children’s Literature and Film: Global Theories and Implications (Children's Literature and Culture)
- The Fantastic Sublime: Romanticism and Transcendence in Nineteenth-Century Children's Fantasy Literature (Contribution to the Study of Science Fiction)
Extra resources for Children's Fantasy Literature: An Introduction
Children's Fantasy Literature: An Introduction by Michael Levy,Farah Mendlesohn