By Casey Charles
Read Online or Download Critical Queer Studies: Law, Film, and Fiction in Contemporary American Culture (Gender in Law, Culture, and Society) PDF
Best gender studies books
Intersectionality, or the dignity of race, type, and gender, is among the widespread modern theoretical contributions made by way of students within the box of women's experiences that now greatly extends around the humanities, social sciences, and traditional sciences. Taking inventory of this transformative paradigm, The Intersectional process courses new and validated researchers to have interaction in a severe mirrored image concerning the wide adoption of intersectionality that constitutes what the editors name a brand new "social literacy" for students.
The crooner Rudy Vallée's delicate, intimate, and sensual vocal supply at the same time captivated hundreds of thousands of adoring fanatics and drew harsh feedback from these threatened by means of his delicate masculinity. even though Vallée and different crooners mirrored the gender fluidity of late-1920s pop culture, their problem to the melancholy era's extra conservative masculine norms led cultural gurus to stigmatize them as gender and sexual deviants.
AIDS has been a devastating plague in a lot of sub-Saharan Africa, but the long term implications for gender and sexuality are only emerging. AIDS and Masculinity within the African City tackles this factor head on and examines how AIDS has altered the methods masculinity is lived in Uganda—a nation often called Africa’s nice AIDS good fortune tale.
- Latinas in American Politics: Changing and Embracing Political Tradition (Latinos and American Politics)
- Transnational Horror Cinema: Bodies of Excess and the Global Grotesque
- Invisible Stars: A Social History of Women in American Broadcasting
- Desperate for Authenticity: A Critical Analysis of the Feminist Theology of Virginia Ramey Mollenkott
- Where There Is No Midwife: Birth and Loss in Rural India (Fertility, Reproduction and Sexuality: Social and Cultural Perspectives)
Additional info for Critical Queer Studies: Law, Film, and Fiction in Contemporary American Culture (Gender in Law, Culture, and Society)
Critical Queer Studies: Law, Film, and Fiction in Contemporary American Culture (Gender in Law, Culture, and Society) by Casey Charles